To All Board Members, Council of Advisors, Council of Presidents, and Committee and Task Force Members
REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the National Board Meeting on June 8-10, 2023 in Pittsburgh, PA. Please take note of the schedule details and location below.
Those who attended the January National Board meeting in person, found it invigorating and motivating! Let’s continue our networking and important conversations by attending the June National Board meeting. For those unable to travel, we are offering the option to participate remotely in parts of the meeting. As such, separate registration is offered for in-person and remote attendees for a small fee.
On Thursday, June 8, our program begins with an optional tour of the Cathedral of Learning at University of Pittsburgh. The rest of the meetings will take place in Benedum Hall on the University of Pittsburgh campus. After lunch, we will dive into membership growth and engagement and hear updates from the Legal Permanent Resident Task Force and the Danaher Foundation. The ARCS Pittsburgh Chapter will host a 20th Anniversary Dinner on Thursday night. Separate registration is required and participation is not mandatory.
On Friday, we will discuss the roll out of the Long-Range Plan, review Risk Management, and hear from other committees like the DEI Task Force and continue discussion on the Permanent Resident Task Force. Friday evening will feature an informal reception and dinner event at Shenley Park Café.
Saturday, June 10, will conclude the event with the official ARCS National Board Meeting. That meeting will be used to approve the slate of 2023-2024 Board of Directors, locations of upcoming meetings, and other resolutions as presented.
LOCATION OF EVENTS
Hotel: Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center 100 Lytton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 - booking information is below.
- Room Block Dates: Wednesday, June 7 - Saturday, June 10
- Booking Link for $155/night: Click here.
- Last Day for Reservations: Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Reservation Assistance: Please contact Earl Eggleton (Reservation Coordinator) at (412)682-6251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: University of Pittsburgh (UPitt) (within walking distance of hotel)
- Registration fee includes all snacks and meals at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Friday Dinner at Shenley Park
- Wyndham Hotel Costs – rooms, parking, breakfasts, drinks, etc.
- Thursday Dinner Events - Pittsburgh 20th Anniversary Celebration (the $200 registration is separate) or anyone that decides not to attend the Anniversary Celebration will be offered convenient restaurants for their choosing
All meeting discussion topics will be available via Zoom.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding these sessions. I look forward to seeing everyone!
Caron Ogg, President
Pittsburgh, PA 15213